We are the student-run branch of Anthony Nolan, a wonderful charity that runs the national stem cell register.
The register is in place to match individuals willing to donate their stem cells with people with blood cancer or a blood disorder in need of a lifesaving transplant. 75% will not find a match within their family and rely on unrelated donors, but not enough people are on the register to ensure everyone can find a match.
Our main goals are to:
- Raise awareness and debunk myths about the stem cell register
- Recruit people aged 16-30 onto the register to potentially donate their stem cells
- Hold fundraising events for Anthony Nolan
- We run recruitment clinics around Sheffield in many different places, and at all sorts of events. 1 in 100 people
- we sign up go on to donate, which is why volunteering with us is so rewarding.
- Meet lovely volunteers
- Super flexible, do as much or as little as you like
- Great experience to put on your CV, certificates provided
- Gain transferrable skills, confidence approaching and speaking to people
- Part of a network of >60 Marrow groups
- Exciting fundraising events eg. marathons, hikes, bar crawls
- SAVE LIVES